Grant Requests Approved
Applications due by 12am (midnight) at the Community Foundation Office, or, application postmarked.
Note: Applications delivered to the office or postmarked after August 15th will not be considered.
Applicants will be notified after the October Board Meeting of the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin
We fund the following entities:
- Non-profit agencies, organizations or governmental entities that are state and federal tax exempt
- Established citizen committees, groups or individuals wishing to complete a community program / project for the benefit of the general public of Portage and Waushara Counties.
- Operational / general support grants (non-routine)
The Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin does NOT generally fund:
- Annual fund drives, capital campaigns, or general solicitation requests
- Establishment of, or contribution to, endowment funds
- Requests for emergency funding or other financial shortfalls
- Debt retirement
- Lobbying / political
In summary, each grant request will be evaluated based on the following:
- Relevancy to the Mission Statement of the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin
- Potential benefit to the citizens of Portage and Waushara Counties
- Identification of a clear need
- Capacity of the organization or individual to carry out the Grant Request
- Demonstrated collaboration within Portage and Waushara Counties
- Demonstrated need for resources from the Community Foundation vs. other available resources
In reviewing applications, the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin will operate without discrimination as to age, race, sex, religion, or national origin and will award grants only to agencies, organizations and individuals that do not discriminate as to age, race, sex, religion or national origin.
Grants are awarded only once per year. During this granting process, grant applications will also be submitted to Donor Advised Fund Sponsors and other “unrestricted” fund sponsors for their review and consideration.
Grant Progress / Summary Report for Previous Grant Recipients: (Required)
- All recipients of Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin Grant Awards must submit a
Grant Progress / Summary Report by June 30th. These are available by downloading Form E.